Spring time...
Well, lets see since last time Shane finished up school,his Mom came to drop off her camper for the Summer in Raymond,Washington; I drove down to Idaho to attend my Uncle Keith funeral and bring my Mom up to Seattle to be with Dawna before her big day, plant a garden, celebrate Daniels 6th Birthday, went to the beach, and started the three youngest in Survival swimming.
I'm glad we got Shane through this year of school, Fall semester was touch and go with his father getting worse in September and passing away in November. Praise the Lord he got through his class and maintained his overall GPA so he can stay on track to Graduate May of 2012. The Spring Semester went really well, his professors helped him through the languages.
Two days after Shane's finals were over I jumped in the car without kids, and drove down to Idaho. It was a fun drive down, something I haven't done by myself since I worked for the Forest Service. The car did awesome and made it safely to my folks, Friday night, Saturday was the funeral which was sad, but good to see the family who could make it there to support the siblings. Sunday Mom and Dad loaded the car back up and Mom & I set off for Seattle to get to Dawna before her little Paige was born. It was great to spend time with my Mom, driving and chatting. Especially on Mothers Day! From Seattle and spending dinner with Dawna and Family I hooped in the car again and made it home around 11:30 p.m. that night to rescue my husband and kids.
We had a birthday weekend for Daniel turning 6, with a trip to the Beach, cooking hotdogs around a fire, and playing in the sand and water.
He got a nerf gun from Grammie and Aunt Dawna which he loves, Shane & I got him a plastic bow and arrow set which he packs everywhere.
That Monday we started the three youngest in Survival swimming for kids of young ages. It trains them in 4 to 6 weeks to be able to survive falling into water, either pool, lake, etc. By floating, swimming, and finding a way to exit the water if available. Everyday but the weekends for 10 min. a day.
The weather here finally decided to act like Spring yesterday and today. Yippee, hopefully we'll get a few more weeks like this.
I'm glad we got Shane through this year of school, Fall semester was touch and go with his father getting worse in September and passing away in November. Praise the Lord he got through his class and maintained his overall GPA so he can stay on track to Graduate May of 2012. The Spring Semester went really well, his professors helped him through the languages.
Two days after Shane's finals were over I jumped in the car without kids, and drove down to Idaho. It was a fun drive down, something I haven't done by myself since I worked for the Forest Service. The car did awesome and made it safely to my folks, Friday night, Saturday was the funeral which was sad, but good to see the family who could make it there to support the siblings. Sunday Mom and Dad loaded the car back up and Mom & I set off for Seattle to get to Dawna before her little Paige was born. It was great to spend time with my Mom, driving and chatting. Especially on Mothers Day! From Seattle and spending dinner with Dawna and Family I hooped in the car again and made it home around 11:30 p.m. that night to rescue my husband and kids.
We had a birthday weekend for Daniel turning 6, with a trip to the Beach, cooking hotdogs around a fire, and playing in the sand and water.
That Monday we started the three youngest in Survival swimming for kids of young ages. It trains them in 4 to 6 weeks to be able to survive falling into water, either pool, lake, etc. By floating, swimming, and finding a way to exit the water if available. Everyday but the weekends for 10 min. a day.
The weather here finally decided to act like Spring yesterday and today. Yippee, hopefully we'll get a few more weeks like this.
Comments