whew!
What a crazy way to Start the New Year! I can finally slow down, which for most is medium pace. To start, Shane arrived home from North Dakota January 4th around 4 a.m., it took about a week of adjustment for him to get back to somewhat normal sleep schedule. God blessed his time there which we are really thankful for.


That Saturday the 7th we loaded up the kids and drove to meet my newest Niece Katherine. My Mom was still there so we saw most everyone. That night we drove down to Dawna and Kurt's who were great host, and feed us well the next morning before heading home. We had a great time chatting when the kids went to bed that we stayed up quite late.
That Monday it was to school for me, I took an Introduction into Chaplaincy, which gave me a basis on what this entails and I got to pray and think about how far I want to go. I'm thinking that I will slowly work on this degree, until I get Seth into grade school, and then continue into this occupation of Chaplaincy for Fire departments and Search and Rescue. But, as they like to say here and other places "God laughs when we make plans." SO very true
We are still trying to figure out how to help Daniel succeed in school, we have another appointment with the Intestinal specialist the end of the month to see how things are going with the shrinking of his colon. He had his test for gluten allergy and a couple others the Doctor wanted to test for this last Wednesday. Should hear the results in a few days or at his appointment. We're taking him off wheat or at least not letting him have to much since we can see an effect in his behavior and accidents.
Dakota gave us a scare last Wednesday, she swallowed a metal ball, (not magnetic) and we took her to Emmanuels Children hospital ER at the recommendation of our normal doctor. Whom I called to find out what to do, since she was breathing fine and swallowing liquids fine. When we got to the ER she was calm, and was really good. Mom was going on adrenaline letdown, and had some shakes. Praising God that she was still breathing and that this wouldn't be very serious. After the X-ray, we could clearly see the metal ball in her upper stomach. They said it would pass in a couple days. Turkey, we've now had another long discussion with our kids on not putting anything but the food Mom and Dad give you in your mouths.
Everyone is doing good in School, Shane and I started up Monday, he's been a very good Dad, taking care of the kids, house and me these past two weeks and continuing. We are working out a schedule so we can share the burden of school and home together equally. More so then in the past when he had such a big load.
Don't know which direction yet, that well move in May. We just feel called to leave Portland. Lot of things still in the air, but we are trying (key word) to be patient and wait for God's calling. Lots of choices and what ifs at this point. Continued prayer would be greatly appreciated.
We also started Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University as a gift from Shane's Mom. Every Sunday night til May, hopefully well get some good skills for future use.
That Saturday the 7th we loaded up the kids and drove to meet my newest Niece Katherine. My Mom was still there so we saw most everyone. That night we drove down to Dawna and Kurt's who were great host, and feed us well the next morning before heading home. We had a great time chatting when the kids went to bed that we stayed up quite late.
That Monday it was to school for me, I took an Introduction into Chaplaincy, which gave me a basis on what this entails and I got to pray and think about how far I want to go. I'm thinking that I will slowly work on this degree, until I get Seth into grade school, and then continue into this occupation of Chaplaincy for Fire departments and Search and Rescue. But, as they like to say here and other places "God laughs when we make plans." SO very true
We are still trying to figure out how to help Daniel succeed in school, we have another appointment with the Intestinal specialist the end of the month to see how things are going with the shrinking of his colon. He had his test for gluten allergy and a couple others the Doctor wanted to test for this last Wednesday. Should hear the results in a few days or at his appointment. We're taking him off wheat or at least not letting him have to much since we can see an effect in his behavior and accidents.
Dakota gave us a scare last Wednesday, she swallowed a metal ball, (not magnetic) and we took her to Emmanuels Children hospital ER at the recommendation of our normal doctor. Whom I called to find out what to do, since she was breathing fine and swallowing liquids fine. When we got to the ER she was calm, and was really good. Mom was going on adrenaline letdown, and had some shakes. Praising God that she was still breathing and that this wouldn't be very serious. After the X-ray, we could clearly see the metal ball in her upper stomach. They said it would pass in a couple days. Turkey, we've now had another long discussion with our kids on not putting anything but the food Mom and Dad give you in your mouths.
Everyone is doing good in School, Shane and I started up Monday, he's been a very good Dad, taking care of the kids, house and me these past two weeks and continuing. We are working out a schedule so we can share the burden of school and home together equally. More so then in the past when he had such a big load.
Don't know which direction yet, that well move in May. We just feel called to leave Portland. Lot of things still in the air, but we are trying (key word) to be patient and wait for God's calling. Lots of choices and what ifs at this point. Continued prayer would be greatly appreciated.
We also started Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University as a gift from Shane's Mom. Every Sunday night til May, hopefully well get some good skills for future use.
Comments
Love, Mom