Not abandoned

What a weird, yet faithful journey God has taken us on since we left Portland last June.  As it is said "hind sight is 20/20", however I would not trade the time we have spent in Idaho developing the relationship between my kids and parents. And the memories that we have made, spending time canning, freezing, and digging to get our pantries prepared for the following year.









Some of the highlights, were  being able to spend the Summer with my parents, seeing Neva, Thomas, and Kathrine, Kurt, and the girls.  Going to the Twin Falls County Fair and Rodeo, digging for Spuds, helping my parents cut and wrap the deer Dad got this past year.  Exploring Southern Idaho with the kids and picking Choke Cherries in the South Hills.  We also got to see the Blue Angels Fly over us at the Air Show.  I was able to watch a huge brush fire, burning across the desert and the parade of Fire Fighting Vehicles responding to yet another fire.  It was bad for the Ranchers trying to make a living out on the desert, but a beautiful sight for a former Fire Fighter. :-)

The kids miss their friends in Portland, but have adjusted nicely to the Filer School District.  All four are in school, with Seth going 3 days a week in the afternoons.  It has been a nice adjustment to my schedule, which I filled with visits with my parents and working on finishing up two classes I was enrolled in a Multnomah on-line.  I have decided that being a single parent and part time student isn't working out, so I didn't re-enroll this year.  I honestly don't know what I am going to do with myself the 1/4 of the time I'm not on active Mom duty.

Shane got out of the Oil Fields unexpectedly the end of October, and we decided it wasn't a healthy place for him, since he worked nights and didn't get to see his wife or kids for 7 weeks at a time.  We also discovered that it isn't healthy on our marriage with him gone for that long.  He made so inquiries in Seattle and found a connection from his days at Seed IP looking for a patent paralegal to work alongside of for the firm Davis, Wright, Termaine.  It is a bigger firm then Seed, and practices more diverse legal work other than just patents.  So we are hoping eventually there will be areas of responsibility that Shane can learn making him broader in his specialty.  He was unemployed for 2 months which is really good in this economy, we had some money stashed away so we are doing okay until payday. :-)

. Even though we could not see the day by day workings we know that God was before us laying out the path we were to take and He is guarding the rear from unseen attacks.  I am grateful for Him blessing us and testing our desire to serve Him.  I am grateful for the time He allowed us in Idaho, and for getting Shane this job in Seattle.  I look forward to the next months leading to June when we will be leaving the Gem State for the Emerald City, and being reunited with friends and Church family that have been prayerfully been supporting us these last three years. And we can be united as a family again with Shane.

I'm hoping since I have free time and we are not in the midst of a storm I can communicate more often of what is going on in our lives, may God bless you all this coming year.
SKKDDS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whew! Break for update

West bound....

Month in review