Weekend To Remember!

Hello All,
To give you fair warning in Advance. I (Kristi) have something I'd like to say to everyone who will listen.


This Past Weekend, with the Help of my Mom, & Sisters. And the Lord allowing us this oppurtunity. Shane & I went the Family Life's "Weekend To Remember." It is a 3 day marriage conference, Family Life Today puts on all over the country. There was such a wide array of people there (about 600 people). Military families, First Responders, Newly Weds, Those about to Celebrate there 47th Anniversery, those with Children (College age, Teenagers, Elementary, Toddlers, Infants), those without Children, people working on there 1st Marriage, to 4th Marriage, Single people wondering what exactly does God have planned for Marriage. It was great! What a Ministry. There were couples like Shane & I that just (to use their analogy) needed our connectors cleaned, so we could use the full battery that is Christ in us. Some needed there battery recharged. Some needed a jump start. I highly recommend to everyone reading this to look into http://www.familylife.com/ and see when the next conference is in your area. If you are serious about making your marriage better through all that Satan throws at you through this world, go to this conference. It will be amazing to see what God has planned for you and your spouse. Or if your single, what God has in store for you. . . I know that you are all in different walks in life, so I will step down and just pray for you.




We had a great weekend, Friday we left Mom, Neva, Dawna, & Bryn with the kids, went to Marysville to buy gas, and stopped at this Great Thai Restraunt to have lunch. Once on the road we had a nice conversation about what we thought would happen this weekend. Enjoying each others company, the beautiful weather and scenery. Once we got to Semiahmoo Resort, we checked in to our room, put on our walking shoes, realized we hadn't reset the clock in the truck and went for an enjoyable walk along the beach. The Hotel is situated along a Spit with the Birch Bay on one side and the Pacific ocean on the other, with Vancouver B.C. within viewing distance. We were also able to see a Bald Eagle roosting in a single tree. It was a great time, we also took a 40 min. nap once we returned from our walk. We then went to sign in for the conference get our book and go have a nice dinner together. The first evening was a good time to see what is God's Plan for Marriage is "Oneness" with God and with your spouse. The next two days we covered that "Your spouse is not your Enemy", "Everyone Argues", "How to Resolve Conflict", and had sections for Wives & Mothers, also for Husbands & Fathers. Wow what tools we walked away with! Not the official titles of the sections, just somethings I remember them having us say to our spouse. Official titles are "Five Threat's to Oneness", "God's Purposes for Oneness", "God's Plan for Oneness", "God's Power For Oneness", "Understanding Communication 1 & 2" "Wife's Respondibilities, and Husband's Respondsibilites", "Mom & Dad", "Resolving Conflict", "Resolving Conflict Through The Power of Blessing", "Leaving a Legacy of Destiny". Like I said Wow what information, and tools these are to us. We headed home to find happy, but our usual chaos. And enjoyed the evening with the kids.

Thanks Mom, Neva & Jason, Dawna & Kurt, for all your help watching the kids, so that Shane & I could recharge, reconnect, and refocus our walk with Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whew! Break for update

West bound....

Month in review