lightening quick

It seems like God is stretching me of late, once I get a handle on one thing He seems to say, "Good Job, however the middle of that test your faith isn't were I'd like to see it, so I'm giving you a similar test to pass well and true." Right now Shane and I are being tested, being stretched in the passing of yet another loved one, this one closer to my heart like the passing of my Uncle Keith.
My Grandpa Buck passed away this last week unexpectedly from a fall. Even though I hadn't seen him in the last years since Grandma passed away he was still special to me and I have fond memories of the years I had with him growing up. He and Grandma had to make sure that I knew Shane had their approval and that if I wanted to marry him one day I could. :-) And when I was younger and would be visiting him and Grandma in Clarkston with my sisters Grandma would send me with him to run errands, and somehow we'd end up in Lewiston getting ice cream. I'm glad he was united with Grandma once again.

We had a good break from Portland, and the oldest two kids had a great time in Southern Idaho with Grammie and Grandpa Dennis. They did all sorts of fun things with the Grandparents and the Grandparents were good sports to take the kids for five days!



We spent the time around the house catching up on homework, then jumped in the car to travel up Lake Stevens on the 2nd and spent the weekend til the 5th with Neva, Jason, and Thomas. Jason out did himself with the fireworks it was a fun day. Got recharged visiting family.

Then we traveled from their house to my folks to pick up the kids. It is amazing that we used to make that drive all the time, what a long drive. We've become spoiled by the shorter drive from Portland. We spent Wednesday and Thursday with my folks and arrived home Friday night.

I then had three days before I went up to Hunters for Grandpa Bucks grave side service. It was so great seeing cousins, Aunts and Uncles I haven't seen for quite some time. I came back that night so Shane would have to find someone to watch the kids and plus it was Kelli's birthday on the 13th.


Shane has a new job refurbishing reposessed houses, yes it is an irony. But he has a guaranteed 20 hours a week throughout the school year. And right now all the days he wants to work. So thank you God!

I am just wrapping up my third semester and moving into my final semester of School, I'm just praying that all will go well and I will be able to graduate in December, and Shane in May. It seems like a short time when looking at a calendar, but there will be unforseen obstacles that I know will be popping up and trying to get us off our path.

Kids are all healthy, but going stir crazy since it has been raining on and off since we arrived home from Idaho. I'm ready for summer to come to the Northwest if not I'm ready to move somewhere that actually has 4 seasons that are just rain.

Comments

Ann D said…
What's with the rain? It is July. Hope it get nicer. We did enjoy the kids and having all of you here. Love, Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Whew! Break for update

West bound....

Month in review