Overdue for update!

The blogging silence has stopped for a while, it was a crazy month of November. It started with me getting an answer to prayer on what I'm going to do with my education from school? The answer, go into a Masters in Chaplaincy! The reasoning is that I can combine my love of God with my love of Fire! The direction God is putting on my heart and after much discernment, prayer, and seeking advice, I have applied to the Masters program here at Multnomah. It took four weeks of this stage before I am happy to announce that I start my Masters program in January, after I graduate with a Bachelors in Arts this Friday the 9th! I had truly thought I was done, but not for a while longer.

The next step in our journey is that we will be done with Portland this coming May after Shane graduates, and the kids are done with school in June. Our plan thus far unless God directs us elsewhere is moving me and the kids to Idaho to be near my folks. Shane is planning on getting a job with one of his cousins who is in the Oil business in North Dakota. Shane is going to have trial period during our Christmas break.

The kids are all doing great, we have taken Daniel to a G.I. specialist who took a look at why he might still be having accidents. She recommended a system flush because he was soo blocked up, (Shane can explain this better), however, we decided to go with her recommendation of giving him a stool softener everyday. Poor kid, we have another appointment on Wednesday, well see what the next step is we need to take. The good news is that he had a full wheat cookie at Thanksgiving and had no reaction to it! So maybe its a intestinal issue and not a glutton issue for him, further testing will be done at the first of the new year.

Kelli is doing great with her reading, and we are working on her math and spelling. Dakota is loving school and coloring as much as possible. Daniel is doing great in school also, his penmanship is improving daily. Seth's talking is getting clearer and we have started potty training, having a little lapse this month since it is wrap up time for Shane and I school wise.

We plan on going to my folks for Christmas break, Shane is going to North Dakota for two weeks of that time, working for his cousin who has a place for Shane to stay. We are nervously excited about him working, and earning income. Not that we haven't been extremely blessed by family members and church family. God has been showing us that even though we get tested, He knows our needs better than we and provides for things we didn't know we needed. We continue to trust in Him, and know that His plans are far better than ours and that He will take care of us and our family.

Have a wonderful holiday season, hopefully the blogging silence won't be so long next time!

Comments

Anonymous said…
It was just a small wheat cookie! Sorry Daniel. What happens to your masters program after May? Love ya njp

Popular posts from this blog

Whew! Break for update

West bound....

Month in review