Wool & Copper

As you scratch your head about the title, think of it as a quiz. No reading ahead! I'm sure some people might know what I'm talking about.


Seven years ago today, I walked down the aisle all smiles focusing on my soon to be husband Shane. There is a great picture of my dad & I when we turn the corner and I make I contact with Shane. I have the biggest smile! What a joyous day, some fun little facts. Two days before my wedding I burned the ham & beans, so the families went to Jackpot NV instead and had dinner there. Parents rode together cubitizing about there respective children! Met Shane grandparents and his Cousin Wesley & Blaine. The day before my wedding I had a dentist appointment, Wade called me to say they had lost Shane in Target. Had most of Shanes family over at my house cooking the rehersal dinner. And they boys acting silly with their tux vest.

The day of my wedding, two of my girlfriends and I got our hair done. Shanes Granddad told me next time he saw me I should have my wedding dress on. ( I ran upstairs of the church to go the bathroom). Shanes Sisters & Aunt helped me with my makeup. I think there were at least 6 people giving there opinion of how my makeup should be. It turned out lovely! Apparently people saw Shane & I eat at the reception dinner. I remember being the first in line, but then we had to take pictures, & open gifts. Receiving a box that had a singing fish and finding towels instead, I was so happy it wasn't a singing fish. The day after the wedding driving back to Seattle and catching a snow storm in Ellensburg with slick roads and staying at a motel, then getting up the next morning and finishing the treck home. Then that night loading Ivan in his crate, catching a flight to Alaska for our Honeymoon.


What Fun memories, thankfully throughout these past seven years, we've had our share of good, painful, great, silly, romantic memories. It will be interesting what kind of memories God has instore for us these coming years. Thank you lord for a strong & healthy marriage where we focus on Him, and He builds us up together.


Oh the wool and copper for those who don't know ( I didn't know) that is the Traditional Gift for the 7th anniversary. Modern gift is desk set/pencil set. Can't see Shane needing a desk set/pencil set. :-)
Love you Shane!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Amazing how time flies! I remember first meeting Kristi in Hawaii 8 years ago!

Congrats! And may the next 7 years be even more fun!

Misty
Sodak Girl said…
I like the sound of "wool and copper" better. I can't recall that we exchanged either on our 7th! Of course, that was a while back. Congratulations! I wish I could have been there for the wedding 7 years ago.
Love to you both~ Laila
Anonymous said…
Yeah, and because you got married on Rory's birthday I had to choose whether to have his 2nd birthday party or go to your wedding. And it was on a weeknight right? I thought it was a cool day to get married and well, I can't forget your anniversary!

Colleen

Popular posts from this blog

Whew! Break for update

West bound....

Month in review