Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad

37 Years and Counting

It is hard to believe that my Mom and Dad have been married for 37 years, but considering that I am 35 years old almost 36, it is probably a good thing.

A lot of memories come to mind when I think of my Mom and Dad, like the motorcycle that Dad bought to ride to work, and then promptly sold about two weeks later when he couldn't keep Wade and I off it. Camping on Red Fish Lake, paddling around in a borrowed canoe, sitting in our popup camper playing Sunken Treasure until Midnight. I remember the summer that Dad went to work on the forest fires and we drove up to see him, camping was involved of course. I remember when we drove to Mexico for Christmas my freshman year of college and the time that Mom, Dad and Wade flew down to Seattle, rented a car, and came and picked Misty and I up from college, we put about 5,000 miles on that rental car in about 10 days, great fun, great memories, we laughed until we cried, especially in Witchita, Kansas.

Most of all I remember that we were always going somewhere and doing something, all the time, all together. Even on the road trip that Carrie couldn't make, she was their in our hearts and the letter that she faxed to us from Japan reminds me of what it is to be family. I still don't think that I can read that letter out loud without tearing up.

So thank you Mom and Dad, for all the laughter, for all the fun and most of all for the examples on how to live and act that you demonstrated to us every day. I would not be the man or husband or dad that I am today without your instruction and loving example. So again I say thank you.

Your Favorite Oldest Son,

Shane

Thank you Fred & Marie for the examples, the kids & I wish you a Happy Anniversary and send our Love up to you in Alaska.

Love,

Kristi, Kelli, Daniel, Dakota, & number 9

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very nice Shane!

Misty
Sodak Girl said…
Ahhh, what a sweet son you are! I loved reading about your memories. Seems like I have a few of my own since you kids were 2,4,6, and 7 the year I lived with you guys. Time's a flyin'!

Popular posts from this blog

Whew! Break for update

West bound....

Month in review