A God Divine Adventure!
So as mentioned previously Shane & I are "Church Shopping", this weekend we tried out three different Churches.
Yes it is insane, & Kelli keeps asking as we are leaving "So which Church are we going to next?".
The story is on Sat. night we drove out to a church maybe 30 min. away from the house East of Portland called the "Good Shepherd Community Church", it was a good service. Kind of big, but as we were leaving the service, there was a $20.oo next to are drivers side of the van and no cars around. So we figured God wanted us to have the money to put some gas in the Van.
So Sunday morning we pulled into the Gas station on our corner, as were sitting there we notice a large van which has over heated and a man dressed up for church talking on his cell phone. When we pulled around him to air up the passenger side tire, Shane goes over to see if he could help in any way. The story was that the van keeps overheating and he needs towed back to his church so he could switch vehicles and pick up Church members in Beaverton area. Shane volunteers to tow him back to his church 60 blocks away. Which we proceeded to do, when we got there he asked if we would come in so he could introduce us to the congregation. At this point I should point out that it a Black brethren church. We enjoyed ourselves and so did the kids, we are planning on going back and going to the Church for service.
I'm reminded of all the Adventures I had growing up around my Aunt Wilda. We always seemed to get into some situation that was scary at first but turned out okay at the end or at least made a good story to tell my Mom & Dad when I eventually got home. I always thought they only happened because of Aunt Wilda, and when I got married they would end. Shane has taken over for Aunt Wilda and I'm chuckling while typing this.
I'm glad God watched out for us, stretched my comfort level once again and introduced us to some very friendly authentic Christians.
Yes it is insane, & Kelli keeps asking as we are leaving "So which Church are we going to next?".
The story is on Sat. night we drove out to a church maybe 30 min. away from the house East of Portland called the "Good Shepherd Community Church", it was a good service. Kind of big, but as we were leaving the service, there was a $20.oo next to are drivers side of the van and no cars around. So we figured God wanted us to have the money to put some gas in the Van.
So Sunday morning we pulled into the Gas station on our corner, as were sitting there we notice a large van which has over heated and a man dressed up for church talking on his cell phone. When we pulled around him to air up the passenger side tire, Shane goes over to see if he could help in any way. The story was that the van keeps overheating and he needs towed back to his church so he could switch vehicles and pick up Church members in Beaverton area. Shane volunteers to tow him back to his church 60 blocks away. Which we proceeded to do, when we got there he asked if we would come in so he could introduce us to the congregation. At this point I should point out that it a Black brethren church. We enjoyed ourselves and so did the kids, we are planning on going back and going to the Church for service.
I'm reminded of all the Adventures I had growing up around my Aunt Wilda. We always seemed to get into some situation that was scary at first but turned out okay at the end or at least made a good story to tell my Mom & Dad when I eventually got home. I always thought they only happened because of Aunt Wilda, and when I got married they would end. Shane has taken over for Aunt Wilda and I'm chuckling while typing this.
I'm glad God watched out for us, stretched my comfort level once again and introduced us to some very friendly authentic Christians.
Comments