Rolling along nicely

Sorry no pictures yet, I did take some last week when we had a our last free Friday for sometime. We ventured out of the city to Multnomah Falls which for those who don't know are about 30 min. East of Portland. It was a beautiful day, had fun taking the kids up to the bridge which parallel the middle of the falls. We then (since kids were napping)decided to continue west and go back to the u-pick farm we had found the Sunday before last. This time picking up tomatoes and peaches, not so many ears of corn.

Sunday we went to church at the "Mosaic" then had Scott & Kathy (fellow Seminary couple) 1st year, over to dinner. When they left Shane started peeling peaches so he could justify watching the baseball game and not do homework. So I sliced & froze a bunch of peaches.

On Monday we had a low key day, I started working on Tomatoes, making salsa & plain tomatoes. By the evening I finally got them all water bathed and cleaned up. Tuesday was Kelli's first day of school. She is a big 1st grader this year. Her teacher is Ms. Kuney. Awesome teacher, I like her a lot and she knows how to deal with Kelli in all her moods. Tuesday night Daniel and Dakota had an adventure around campus (without)Mom. Kelli, Seth, & I found them infront of the Seminary building.

Wednesday Kelli to school then watched (the neighbors to the east of us) two of the three kids. Plus our other neighbors two kids of three from the other side came over to play. Crazy, both Wednesday & Thursday I'm watching James, Ronnie, & Hadey. Til football season is over, just for an hour. Which isn't too bad. There good kids. We also on Wednesday night went over to Zack and Cathy another set of married seminary students house for dinner. Zack is in his 2nd year.

Thursday we Chris (Active Airforce 1st year seminary) over for dinner. Shane met him the first day of orientation and invited him to lunch. So it was good to see him again.

Friday we had Simon from India (1st year Seminary student) who's wife decided to stay in India over for lunch, then a group of 1st year Seminary girls that are in Shane's classes, Gretchan,Rebecca,Laura, & Brittney over for dinner and games. Yes I did get my homework done during this time.

We are having Erin & her husband Amel?,over for lunch. He is in Seminary with Shane we are helping them get connected with other Married Seminary couples. It is a big support system here and it's nice getting tied in.

Whew! Tonight Shane is upstairs doing reading and working on his laptop and I'm down stairs taking a break from my reading working on my Netbook. That we got for me last week. I haven't started putting my pictures on it yet so I have to wait til I can get Shane's for a moment to download pics. of kids.

Cross eyed yet? Keep the prayers coming, Daniel starts Pre-school this monday.

God is great!

Comments

carrie said…
Great to hear the update! You guys are going to be the social hub of campus at this rate! I am super excited that you are starting classes! You go girl!
Anonymous said…
I enjoy reading all the news. Don't overdue, Mom hs to stay up and at'em. Love you all, Grandma Lambing

Popular posts from this blog

Whew! Break for update

West bound....

Month in review