Final Leg of our vacation.

After Jackson, Wy Shane asked if we could stop by some of his old rafting grounds. Wanting to break up the 400 + miles of the day I said "sure"! We stopped by the "Kahuna" and "Lunch Counter" rafting spots to see the water and hopefully a raft or two go through the spots. They did not disappoint us, the river was active since it was beautiful weather out. There were some nice older ladies who saw Shane & Seth sitting on the rocks and offered to take our family picture which is now on the top of the blog.
I was able to get some action shots of boats going through. Everyone stayed vertical but sounded like they had fun. Someday when the kids are older I would like to try that out.
We also stopped for dinner in Idaho Falls before heading to my folks for the next couple days. Thursday we had some of the cousins come over for a playdate/birthday for Kelli turning the big 7. OMGoodness

The kids got to play in the pool, sprinklers, build boats and sail them in the ditch. We had a fun time with my folks even though it was shorter than we wished. I had school the following Monday and had to get home to do written work. Got all my reading done on the driving part of the trip.


Got home Saturday evening, 10 days with 6 days of driving with visiting in between 3000 miles to SD and back. Lots of pictures and memories made.

We went to the beach this past weekend and had Kelli's birthday last Tuesday. Pictures to come later this week. I had my final class on Gospels and am moving in Philosophy. The kids and I have been living in Portland for a full year now, Shane's date is in August. He got a job last Wednesday cleaning and repairing roofs in the area. He is very tired when he gets home, but is glad to be working with our neighbor and able to work.

Comments

Wow, Wyoming is really beautiful! I love the family picture - I'll have to get a print of it to hang up here. So glad to made it back safe and sound.
Love you!
Dawna
Anonymous said…
The Teton's are always a favorite of ours. Enjoyed the great pictures and stories. What great memories for all of you. Love ya! njp
Jen Morris said…
Love the newest Blog Title Photo!! Sounds like you guys had a blast, so fun to keep up with you like this! I know Shane keeps wishing he was up here but if it's any consolation, it's rained most of the summer and we get enough of that down there in the winter to drown a person. Cheers and hugs all around!
Jen

Popular posts from this blog

Whew! Break for update

West bound....

Month in review