TIme well spent
We arrived at Grandpa & Grandma Ingalls ranch Sunday mid afternoon after wrapping things up at the Ingalls Family Reunion in Spearfish and saying "Goodbye" to Shane's Family. The kids were exhausted from the busy previous days, so they slept giving Shane & I a chance to debrief from the first part of the vacation and talk about what we wanted to do at the Ranch.

Fixing the windmill water pipe
Swapping bulls
We had wonderful time visiting with Shane cousin Wesley and his wife Toddie, Sunday night at their house. It was great to see how married life was treating them and how much Wesley grown up since our wedding almost 7 years ago.
We spent Monday at the Ranch with Shane helping his Grandpa work cows in the morning at a friends house. I got a chance to chat with Grandma and the kids played. Then later that day we went to Shane Aunt Beth & Uncle Terry's house for visit and dinner. While there it a hard rain came and thunderbumpers. Shane and I enjoyed hearing that hard rain! I know it's bad for crops and hard on lifestock. They got .065 of an inch. Then I rolled the kids pants up and let them play in the mud. It was cute, but Beth & Terry probably thought I was nuts. No shoes on either kid! Without boots but who cares

Tuesday morning I got to go for a plane ride with Grandpa and see the Ranch from the air. We checked cows, counted Bulls, and commented on his antelope herd :-) Something he'd prefer not having. We let the kids ride horse and took a drive with Grandpa finding noxtious weeds. Shane helped swap some bulls with the Hired Hands. We spent the evening chatting with Grandma, while Shane & Grandpa played Cribbage. Getting ready to taxi and go flying!

Fixing the windmill water pipe
Swapping bulls
Comments